Re: LYNX-DEV OS/2 blowoff

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV OS/2 blowoff
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 19:25:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:
> >I believe I have been blown off a second time by that OS/2 Lynx guy.
> >It doesn't appear that he is willing to release the source to Lynx2, but I
> >don't know that for sure since he never replies to my emails.
> >
> >I am rather dissapointed.
>
>       Note that those mods indeed are encompassed by the GNU GPL,
> so we have our first "test case" for what is the "consequence" of
> people or organizations violating it.  If it's left as "nothing"
> that's not good, but that's life...   ;( ;(

Is there anybody at UKANS who would care?
Bela wrote that SCO got "appropriate permission from the University of
Kansas".  Just a letter from there might have some effect.

If this is really a case of what the GPL is trying to prevent (not sure
we can conclude that at this point), then it should be of interest to
more people than just lynx-dev:  FSF, every linux contributor, ...

   Klaus

;
;