LYNX-DEV Minor display problem

From: Dan Strychalski
Subject: LYNX-DEV Minor display problem
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 19:20:24 +0800

> http://www.demos.su/ -- on an 80-column display, the first line of the
> display contains four links.  (I can't read the link names due to
> character set (and language :-) problems, but that's irrelevant.)
 . . .
> The problem did not occur with these older binaries: 2.5 [...]

Something like it does here. Lynx 2.5, Linux 2.1.3, NCSA Telnet for
MS/PC/DR DOS, display charset ISO 8859-1 (except that I set the
terminal OS to code page 437 so I could see anything in the range
128-159; these all appear as spaces in my 8859 code page). Haven't
seen anything like it since 2.3B and 2.4.2; thought this was solved.
Link text shifts leftward 2 cols; last char appears twice (note caps).

1. Cursor above problem line, Ctl-L pressed.
2. Cursor on 1st link on line.
3. Cursor on 2nd link on line. Same if Ctl-L is pressed.
4. Cursor on 3rd link on line. Ctl-L not yet pressed.
5. Cursor on 3rd link on line, after Ctl-L is pressed.
6. Cursor on 4th link on line, Ctl-L not yeat pressed.
7. Cursor on 4th link on line, after Ctl-L is pressed.

1.  | xxxxxx   xxxxx   | xxxxxxx xxxxxX | xxxx x xxxxxY | xxxxxxx xxxxxZ |
2.  | xxxxxx   xxxxx   | xxxxxxx xxxxxX | xxxx x xxxxxY | xxxxxxx xxxxxZ |
3.  | xxxxxx   xxxxx   xxxxxxx xxxxxX X | xxxx x xxxxxY | xxxxxxx xxxxxZ |
4.  | xxxxxx   xxxxx   xxxxxxx xxxxxX X xxxx x xxxxxY Y | xxxxxxx xxxxxZ |
5.  | xxxxxx   xxxxx   | xxxxxxx xxxxxX xxxx x xxxxxY Y | xxxxxxx xxxxxZ |
6.  | xxxxxx   xxxxx   | xxxxxxx xxxxxX xxxx x xxxxxY Y xxxxxxx xxxxxZ Z |
7.  | xxxxxx   xxxxx   | xxxxxxx xxxxxX | xxxx x xxxxxY xxxxxxx xxxxxZ Z |

Funny thing is, the chars in the *first* link shift around when the
cursor travels through them in JOE. I NEVER saw that before.

Dan Strychalski
address@hidden
;
;