Re: LYNX-DEV upgrade lynx_help files to html 3.2

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV upgrade lynx_help files to html 3.2
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 16:51:55 -0500 (CDT)

I don't want to flame you, but I really don't see the point of this
exercise.  I hope you can take this as something else than a personal
attack.

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
> I went thru and made some minor changes to make the lynx_help high level
> html files HTML 3.2 compatible.

Have you first verified that there *were* any incompatibilities?
What were the problems you observed when viewing those files with
an HTML 3.2 compliant browser?  If there were any, do your changes
fix those problems?

You have taken out specific things (the TAB tags) that are understood
by Lynx but not by other browsers.  Why do you think this is an
improvement?

Also your spelling correction of "Referer" to "Referrer" isn't useful.
The header is transmitted as "Referer" as specified in the specs,
whether that was originally a spelling mistake or not.

   Klaus

;
;