Re: LYNX-DEV looking for "Files" ???

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV looking for "Files" ???
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 23:25:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Jonathan Sergent wrote:

>  ] the browser used to work, now it simply says looking for "files"..
>  ] www.files.com
>  ] www.files.edu
>  ] www.files.net
>  ] www.files.org
>
> I ran into the same problem while trying to install Lynx on a friend's
> Win95 machine.  Based on what I deduced then, I bet the directory it's
> being run from has a space in it; if you have installed lynx as
>
> "C:\Program Files\lynx\lynx.exe"

I can run lynx from that directory no problem.  You might have a problem
if you try to use that for ini directories and stuff though.  Just use the
short name of c:\progra~1\lynx\lynx.exe (or whatever).  Sometimes this
type of problem crops up because Win95 doesn't truely support long file
names--it just pretends to.  Check the regestry and see all the entries
using the short file names :-(

Wayne

;
;