Re: LYNX-DEV lynx on www.microsoft.com

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx on www.microsoft.com
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 12:19:18 -0600

Laura Eaves <address@hidden> writes:

>First case: If the content of an anchor is an img with alt="", why not
>treat that as no alt at all?  (Print the [LINK] string.)  Since the img
>is there, the link is obviously intended to be visible (even if the author
>doesn't care about text-only browsers).

No, Please! I USE this ability to display things that are visible to GUI
browsers, but not display them for Lynx where they are irrelevant. I do NOT
want my carefully crafted pages suddenly littered with unneeded [LINK}'s!

>Second case: Apparently these links are intended to be invisible.  (But it's
>nice to see them anyway...:)  Is there a reason to leave them invisible?
>How about a default string of [xxx] where xxx is the href string?

Yes, they were intended to be invisible, leave them that way. If you want
to see them anyway, there are numerous ways to do so, don't screw up my
ability to present meaninful information.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,