LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 23:33:46 -0500 (EST)

        An update of fotemods.zip is available in:

        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/

1997-05-03
* Added support for setting an anchor's no_cache element based on a
  comparison between Expires and Date headers if both were received
  and we didn't set it based on a Cache-Control directive.  Also
  added equivalent support for a comparison between an Expires value
  from a META tag and a Date header.  We still compare Expires header
  or META values versus the system time if no Date header was received,
  and still do not accept Date values from META tags because they are
  unlikely to be reliable. - FM
* Tweaks and extensive expansions of the comments for the code in
  HTAccess.c and GridText.c which checks whether we should override
  a no_cache anchor element if we are using a fragment for positioning
  in the currently loaded document, homologously to our override for
  PREV_DOC commands or ACTIVATE-tions via the History Page, but to
  respect it under other circumstances, in compliance with both the
  HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 RFCs, the meaning of fragments as defined in
  the URL RFCs and drafts, and of NAME- and ID-based positioning in
  the HTML RFCs and drafts (accessible via the online 'h'elp). - FM

                                Fote