LYNX-DEV external command feature

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: LYNX-DEV external command feature
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 16:38:20 +0900 (JST)

I was reading CHANGES.new in the 2.7.1ac-0.19 distribution about
Wayne's `external command' feature:
        1997-04-24
        [...]
        * External command added.  See LYExtern.* in src and lynx.cfg.
          You need to define USE_EXTERNALS to compile this in. - WB

I didn't see anything in Makefile or userdefs.h about compiling this
feature in.  Should we set a new SITE_DEFS = define in Makefile?

How are SITE_DEFS = done with autoconf?  Do you use `--enable-'?
What is the format?  Say I wanted -DNSL_FORK in my site defs, how
would I do that, `--enable-dnsl_fork'?

__Henry

PS `dead.letter' in the 2.7.1ac-0.19 breakout has really juicy contents!
;
;