Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.20 available

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.20 available
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 09:13:00 +0900 (JST)

> hit to be on that line.  If one lets the page load and then does
> a "read screen" it might actually be preferred to have a line or
> more of context read off before the line with the hit in it is
> spoken.  This is the notion that I was focused on when I first

I think most if not all of us like to have the context in which the
word we are searching for is found.  When the first instance of the
keyword is displayed at the very top line, it often means having to
backup a page, which again often forces a redraw of the screen and
then the keyword is on the previous page, so you never quite get what
you want without juggling ^P and ^N.

Would it be significant for those with screen magnifiers or other
specialized circumstances if the first hit of the searched-for word
were displayed on a specific line, say line four?  Klaus indicated
that it would not be difficult to set a specific line.

> It sounds as though a lynx.cfg configuration setting is the most
> desirable out.  I think we can be reasonably confident that
> people using one-line Braille displays, will also prefer that the
> hit appear on the top line.

So this is what I'm asking and hope you'll all respond to, if you
know exactly what line it is going to be displayed on, e.g. line 4,
is that enough, or does it have to be the top line?  If it has to
be the top line, then, yes, it would probably be best to set up
a configurable scheme.

__Henry
;
;