Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.20 available

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.20 available
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 14:54:10 +0900 (JST)

> > specialized circumstances if the first hit of the searched-for word
> > were displayed on a specific line, say line four?  Klaus indicated
> > that it would not be difficult to set a specific line.
>
> Actually, I think putting it on line 3 or 4 would be perffectly fine.
> (I use screen mag.  And having used speech software before, I know it
> lets you read a specified line.  I don't know about braille display
> software, but I'm sure it'd be as functional as speech software.)
>
> The only thing I complained about was positioning it 1/3 or 1/2 the
> way down the page, which made it harder to find.

Yes, the random nature is somewhat difficult, even for sighted users.

> If it is within a small, known number of lines from the top, that would
> actually be better than putting it right at the top, as it would provide

This is good to hear.  It means that a compromise isn't needed, i.e.
everyone gets the best of all worlds (unless someone's ambitious enough
to follow up on Bela's comments).

> Anyway, in this case, I think the best thing is to choose something that
> everyone can live with and hard code it.

Agreed 100% !!!!  (Especially since it doesn't really seem like anyone's
going to suffer.)  Simple and small is best!

__Henry
;
;