Re: LYNX-DEV Spawning Editor

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Spawning Editor
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 17:46:14 -0400 (EDT)

970506 Bob Sylvester wrote:
> I'm a new user to Lynx at nicon.org   They are using ver 2.5.  When
> I press [enter] or right arrow on an email address link to send a comment
> it hangs at the Cc and I catch the error message "error spawning editor"
> and it never gets to the body of the message.  This system is new at this
> site and maybe the address@hidden is having some difficulty setting
> it up.  Can you help us out?

(1) get your sysadmin to update to 2-7-1 : find it at  lynx.browser.org .
(2) your sysadmin can define an editor in  lynx.cfg  by setting
    DEFAULT_EDITOR=  which gives everyone an editor they CAN use
    SYSTEM_EDITOR=   which gives everyone an editor they MUST use;
if you have a choice (D_E) you can define your own editor as you like
using the  E  option in the  o  Options Page (give the full path).

;