LYNX-DEV Handling of DD in 2.7

From: eighner
Subject: LYNX-DEV Handling of DD in 2.7
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 23:37:04 -0700

It appears to me that 2.7 (I have tried it in both the
Unix version and the 386 16-bit DOS port) sometimes
inserts a blank line between <DD> entries in a
<DL> list.  Not often, but occasionally and evidently
at random.

For example in the entry for alternate / alternative
in http://www.io.com/~eighner/qausage2.html#alt1
(and elsewhere on the page).  I am not attempting to
do anything funny with DL--that is this is a logical
use of DL and not an attempt to manipulate appearance.
Except for a few frames-defeating tags, this page
shows clean with SP 1.1.1 under the HTML 3.2 DTD.
Moreover, the "random" extra lines occur even with
the anti-frame tags and script removed.  I stripped
the DOS hard returns off with a binary editor and
it still happens.

I have been over the page dozens of times and cannot
replicate in any other browser (examined with
DOSLynx, Netscape Gold 3.02, Netscape 2.02, some damned
version of IE, and Arachne).

Is this a bug or a feature?
;
;