LYNX-DEV form field feed back

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV form field feed back
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 08:26:04 -0400 (EDT)

970506 Laura Eaves wrote:
--- snip ---
> I would also like feedback from users on this list about the patch
> I posted earlier to add a new keypad_mode that would number form fields
> and buttons as well as links.  This allows the user to jump directly
> to a form field by typing a number.  It also allows you to select
> an option in a popup menu by number.
>
> I and a number of users (blind and sighted) have been using this
> patch for a while, but I would appreciate feedback from others as well,
> whether or not you try it yourself, as to how useful you think it.

you asked (i've been afraid i've said too much as a mere spectator to this):
i'ld say numbering form fields is very useful, but numbering buttons is
probably useful only to the blind.  i intend to try the development version
when i can find the time to mount the effort to do the messy stuff
of compiling it & then trying out what's there.  maybe this weekend
(but we're trying to get our Feds to disallow a provincial law
remaking Toronto -- last used 1943 -- & i have to research the history ... ).

;