Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx and tables

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx and tables
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 09:32:27 -0600

Elizabeth,

Tables can be used effectively for presenting formatted data to both GUI
browsers such as Netscape and text browsers such as Lynx. Often, I have
found that the secret is to encapsulate the data in each table cell. Puttin
it in a <P></P> block, or a list, or other container oftens helps Lynx to
display it effectively without the table. I have created several pages
that contain table data that is displayed well for both GUI browsers and
Lynx. For examples, you might look at:

  http://www.slcc.edu/index2.html
  http://www.slcc.edu/calendar.html
  http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/faq/index.html

Each of the three use tables and the enclosed data in a different way, but
manage to present the data in a way I feel looks natural in both Lynx and
GUI browsers.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,