Re: LYNX-DEV patches (numbered forms + highlighting)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV patches (numbered forms + highlighting)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 12:18:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 7 May 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

> I again updated my patch files to ac-0.22
>
> Before I go any further, I was wondering how probable it is that
> the form numbering patch will be picked up by anyone.
> If the developers that be are dead set against it, [...]

I (and I can speak only for myself) am certainly not dead set against it,
and if others are, I guess you would have heard about it.
I just didn't get around yet to really look at them (and maybe nobody else
did).  But I do appreciate that you maintain them and keep them updated.
(It is not strictly necessary that they are always against the latest
ac-0.NN if we want to put in in the development code, but of course it
helps, and is also good for those who want to apply the patches
independently for now).

> Are there reasons I'm not aware of for not wanting to incorporate it?
> The only little nit I see so far is that when you use the list command
> in this mode, the numbers on the listed URLs may not match the link numbers
> in the original document (if that document contains forms).  Is this a real
> problem?  (There are klugy ways to fix this...  But I don't want to spend
> time on it for nothing.)

I think it should be fixed.

I should also incorporate Fote's latest changes for numbering (but in a
way that the old behavior is still there if one wants it), and that would
likely interfere in some way with your patches.  So I prefer to look at
your patches after that, and that at least for now you continue to
maintain your patches separately (since you seem capable and willing to
do that.).

   Klaus

;
;