LYNX-DEV Problem with lynx after applying path on AIX 3.2.5.4

From: George L. Westlund
Subject: LYNX-DEV Problem with lynx after applying path on AIX 3.2.5.4
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 13:30:48 -0700 (PDT)

On AIX 3.2.5.4 we applied several security patches including U441344.
Afterwards we noticed that lynx 2-4 didn't make any network connections.
Instead it gave the error:

Alert!:  Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.

I tried re-compilling with the same results.  I then tried Lynx 2-7 and
had similar results although the behavior was slightly different.  Instead
of dying right away, it just sits there waiting for the response until you
hit a return and it then responds with:

Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.

We then put it on a test station and backed out the PTFs until it worked,
then played around and found that if we backed out PTF U441344 it worked
fine.  However U441344 is related to several security patches that we
need.

Has anyone else encountered this and fixed it yet?

George L. Westlund                 || Internet:   address@hidden
Instructional Applications Support || UNIX System: address@hidden
Cal Poly                           || Phone/FAX:  (805)756-6543/(805)756-1536
San Luis Obispo, CA  93407         || URL=http://www.calpoly.edu/~gwestlu/

;
;