Re: LYNX-DEV 4DOS

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 4DOS
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 21:20:47 -0500 (EST)

Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > On Wed, 7 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
>> > Does anyone use real DOS
>> > unless they simply haven't yet been enlightened about 4dos?
>
>Maybe this is what you are looking for...  I DON'T use 4dos all the time.
>I find that I don't like a couple of the things that it does and I am not
>interested in finding out if/how the behavior can be changed.  I DO use it
>whenever I need stderr piped to a file which is seldom.

        Well, actually, I don't know how real DOS compares with 4dos
currently, 'cuz I stopped using real DOS years ago when I discovered
4dos.  But if the things you don't like about it don't affect your
ports, could you field the other followup question by explaining
how/where to get it, and swap it in when you want to pipe stderr to
a file, then swap it back out to resume using real DOS?  Is that
something which could be made simple for Lynx users without lots of
computer expertise (or should essentially every Lynx file be modified
so that output to a file is a built in option, without need for
piping)?

                                Fote