Re: LYNX-DEV 4DOS

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 4DOS
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 21:55:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> >Maybe this is what you are looking for...  I DON'T use 4dos all the time.
> >I find that I don't like a couple of the things that it does and I am not
> >interested in finding out if/how the behavior can be changed.  I DO use it
> >whenever I need stderr piped to a file which is seldom.
>
> But if the things you don't like about it don't affect your
> ports,

No, just personal preference.

> could you field the other followup question by explaining
> how/where to get it, and swap it in when you want to pipe stderr to
> a file, then swap it back out to resume using real DOS?

I could write some sort of walkthrough assuming a basic level of
understanding <gulp>

>  Is that something which could be made simple for Lynx users without
> lots of computer expertise (or should essentially every Lynx file be
> modified so that output to a file is a built in option, without need for
> piping)?

I think there are a couple of other ways to do it besides 4dos.  Let me
see if I can find any of them.

I am not totally opposed to having the code changed, I just want to make
sure there is a good reason.  What about the Mac ports?

Wayne

;
;