Re: LYNX-DEV 4DOS

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 4DOS
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 22:13:25 -0500 (EST)

Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:
>I could write some sort of walkthrough assuming a basic level of
>understanding <gulp>

        Well, it's been a while since I did anything beyond running
terminal emulators and word processors, but my recollection is that
I had a to4dos.bat and todos.bat that modified the names of two
autoconfs and rebooted, so I could then run stuff on either 4dos or
real DOS, and go back and forth quickly.  There must be a better way,
though. :) :)

>I am not totally opposed to having the code changed, I just want to make
>sure there is a good reason.  What about the Mac ports?

        Well, you'd be talking about modifying essentially every single
LYfoo.c and libwww .c module, though not in any tough way that would
require much field testing (i.e., not like trying to make even a few line
changes in LYMainLoop.c and crossing your fingers that it will actually
work as you intend; you'd just be worrying about typos in the course of
modifying that many files :).

                                Fote