Re: LYNX-DEV Getting proxies to work

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Getting proxies to work
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 14:32:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 8 May 1997, Brian Tillman, x8425 wrote:

> http_proxy:http://firewall.si.com:80/
> ftp_proxy:http://firewall.si.com:80/
> no_proxy:si.com
>
> Yet, when I try to reach an off-site address, I get:
>
> Alert!: Proxy Authentication Required.  Sorry, not yet supported.
>
> lynx: Can't access startfile http://other.dom.ain/
>
> What am I missing?

The meaning of the message.

"Proxy Authentication" was required by the proxy.
"Proxy Authentication" is not yet supported by Lynx.
Proxies which do not require "Proxy Authentication" are supported by Lynx.
(Otherwise Lynx wouldn't have talked to the proxy and wouldn't have found
out that the proxy requires "Proxy Authentication".)

   Klaus

;
;