Re: LYNX-DEV Re: ...vulnerability in Lynx...

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: ...vulnerability in Lynx...
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 19:04:33 -0400 (EDT)

> We seem to disagree about the *positive* "free advertising" effect of
> CERT advisories.

If there is an *easy* fix then I do think this would give lynx some nice
free advertising.  If the fix is hard, including forcing a new compile,
then it would be BAD.

The worst thing is that /tmp should never have been allowed symlinks--in
any OS, ever!  I could go on about that, but I guess it is pointless.
(yes, I know some stuff uses it like the red hat install, but that could
be worked around).

Wayne

;
;