Re: LYNX-DEV problem page

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem page
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 04:20:39 -0400

>but I can't resist this one.  One of the main reasons to use
>a good browser such as lynx is to avoid the neccesity to
>'download' stuff aka try to emulate nut$srew and
>MicroWhatever, so I don't unnerstand what the problem is
>here.  Does msnbc have a bad page for text users? ... Sure

The problem is this.  Another reason to use a good browser such
as lynx is to browse the web.  Having lynx shrug and give up
saying 'sorry, I don't understand that bad stuff, so I am not
able to display anything' means that folk who only have access to
the web via lynx may not be able to get their job done - at least
without downloading the html and making changes.

_If_ lynx can be modified to recognize and display a variety of
invalid html, while still displaying all valid html properly, then
it becomes more useful to those of us restricted to using lynx.

And _that_ makes lynx more worthwhile to me, and others, as users
of lynx.

;