Re: LYNX-DEV Re: ...vulnerability in Lynx...

From: Brian Tillman, x8425
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: ...vulnerability in Lynx...
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 09:33:29 EDT

>For the benefit of us pseudo-sysadmins not worth their salt, would someone
>be willing to explain `setting the sticky bit' of a directory, how to know
>if it is set properly, and if it is not, how to set it?  Many TIA.

Um.  It looks like I stepped on some toes.  I apologize.  I was mainly
addressing the VMS environment when I made my crack about "system
administrators
worth their salt".  I have no idea what the requirements are for login
directories in the Unix world.  Moreover, I was trying to be "smart", and while
I had my tongue implanted in my cheek, I did not make it clear that I can
imagine business reasons even on VMS for having world readable login
directories
(though not world writeable).

Sorry.
 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 4141 Eastern Ave., MS239        Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49518-8727     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company
;
;