Re: LYNX-DEV Re: ...vulnerability in Lynx...

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: ...vulnerability in Lynx...
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 17:26:42 -0600

Jonathan,

(No comments, just a question)

Does this problem you mention where you can create symlinks to a subdir just
before Lynx opens it, and thus use Lynx to help gain control of a system
exist soley for Lynx, or is it a general system problem that makes the system
vulnerable using other programs on the system that create files in /tmp?

(If it is a system problem, I would be intrested in why you might think
Lynx should attempt to address it. Private email preferred on this latter
question, though you can hit the list and CC me if you wish.)

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,