LYNX-DEV Amiga port of Lynx -Reply

From: David Godshall
Subject: LYNX-DEV Amiga port of Lynx -Reply
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 20:13:00 -0600

dJM>
 | Hello! I'm FrEdY and I'd like to know if you'll port Lynx to
 | Amiga, as I want to use latest version 2.7.1 on my machine,and
 | I think that's not very difficult to do.(Am I right?)
 |
 | There's a port of Lynx yet, but it's based on an older Lynx.
dJM>

I might be interested in helping (or if all else fails, actually try
doing :-)) to add Amiga support into the Lynx code tree, though I'll
need to look into what all would be involved.  I know there is a
Curses library for the Amiga, and a TCP/IP standard with docs and
source code.  Unfortunately, I haven't done any TCP/IP programming on
any platform yet, so I would have a bit of a learning curve to
overcome (hey, if Wayne can do it, maybe I can too!) -- perhaps there
are some other Amiga users out there that would want to cooperate on
an "official" port?

Step #1, however, I'm going to send E-Mail to the author of the
Lynx2.4-based ALynx, to see if he would be interested in helping or
even spearheading the development.  Maybe I could also go trolling
for programmers at one of the Amiga newsgroups.

David Godshall, doslynx-dev administrator
address@hidden
;
;