LYNX-DEV cursor position on options menu

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV cursor position on options menu
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 14:26:55 -0400 (EDT)

When selecting options from the options menu, I noticed that for
"multiple choice" options, the cursor is left at the end of the status
line when an option is first chosen to make a change.  One has to hit the
space bar or some ohter key before the cursor jumps up the the value field
for the option.
I find this annoying as I'd like to track the cursor in my magnification
software to see what the current option value is.

This is handled in boolean_choice() in LYOptions.c.
I noticed that this code first prints a statusline message
ACCEPT_DATA, htat is never seen, as it is immediataely overwritten by the
subsequent statusline message, which is written after the option
value is highlighted.

Anyway, I moved a vew lines to (a) remove the statusline
message that is never seen and (b) highlight the option value AFTER
printing the statusline message so the cursor is in the right place.

Diffs are below.
If you disagree, let me know.
Otherwise, I hope someone will pick up this change.
--le

*** old/LYOptions.c     Thu May  8 09:22:39 1997
--- src/LYOptions.c     Sat May 10 14:02:52 1997
***************
*** 968,984 ****

      number--;

-     option_statusline(ACCEPT_DATA);
      /*
       *  Highlight the current selection.
       */
      move(line, col);
      standout();
      addstr(choices[status]);
!
!     standend();
!     option_statusline(ANY_KEY_CHANGE_RET_ACCEPT);
!     standout();

      while (1) {
        move(line, col);
--- 968,981 ----

      number--;

      /*
       *  Highlight the current selection.
       */
+     option_statusline(ANY_KEY_CHANGE_RET_ACCEPT);
      move(line, col);
      standout();
      addstr(choices[status]);
!     refresh();