LYNX-DEV hidden links mods

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV hidden links mods
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 16:16:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 10 May 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

> (If a link is invisible, you can't position the current link on it before
> following it -- but if you eliminate invisible links altogether, which it
> seems you have in one of your modes, then it wouldn't matter [...]

Fote has mods.  They are called fotemods.  (I don't know whether he has modes).

The devel code has modes[*], it also has mods, some of those are mods of the
fotemods mods, and among those are the mods which add modes[*], and the mods
which add a description of those modes to the new help file which Fote added to
fotemods.

Is that clear now?  :)

[*] For treating hidden links.  The three modes are
    -hiddenlinks=merged   (as we know it, the old behavior)
    -hiddenlinks=listonly (as in fotemods without additional mods; now default)
    -hiddenlinks=ignore   (don't even list them)

You shouldn't address your remarks about those modes to Fote as if
they were his mods (he may not want anything to do with them).

   Klaus

;
;