Re: LYNX-DEV two suggestions submitted

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV two suggestions submitted
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 20:12:32 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 19:37:27 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: Hynek Med <address@hidden>
> What about +show_cursor or -show_cursor? It's shorter, but doesn't leave
> -show_cursor behave as a toggle for compatibility..

I think -show_cursor=on or off (with -show_cursor left as a toggle for
compatibility) is much clearer.  I always forget which direction does what
in shell commands that interpret + or - before options.
As for being shorter, "-show_cursor" is already long, so a few more
characters doesn't hurt, especially if it makes it more readable. :)
--le

;
;