Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 14:36:08 +0900 (JST)

> * Updated the PROBLEMS file to indicate that you should try changing
>   -lresolve to -lbind if you have upgraded to the bind-8.1 or later
>   library on a Sun system and keep getting the message "Alert!:  Unable
>   to connect to remote host". - FM

m(_ _)m.  *Really* sorry about this one.  The reason I was not able to
connect to remote hosts is that named itself was not running properly,
NOT because of what library was used to compile Lynx.  _At Present_,
at least on solaris, you CAN USE either libresolve.a (which means you
are simply using prior routines) or libbind.a (the routines supplied
with bind-8.1, the latest bind release).  I am more worried about the
future than the present because of how strongly ISC is recommending the
update to 8.1.

__Henry

PS  Thank you VERY much, Fote, for the discussion on cacheing.
;
;