Re: LYNX-DEV Proxy authentication

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Proxy authentication
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 18:22:44 -0500 (EST)

"Brian Tillman, x8425" <address@hidden> wrote:
>Thanks, FM and AJL, for the proxy authentication.  This is the prompt I get,
>however, for the username:
>
>Enter username for Enter Username and/or Password at xxxxx.si.com:
>
>It appears that two messages are being displayed, with one message overwriting
>the other.  It's merely cosmetic, though.  The process works.

        I can't reproduce the problem you describe, neither on VMS
nor on Scott's SPARC.  Did you do a clean make, or its VMS equivalent
by using build.com instead of MMS?

        That "Enter Username and/or Password" is in the position where
the realm should be, and is not coming from Lynx.  Have you set up
your proxy server properly.  Maybe it needs some salt. :) :(

                                Fote