LYNX-DEV Trouble reaching geocities and microsoft

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Trouble reaching geocities and microsoft
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 23:31:40 -0400 (EDT)

  X-Personal_name: Harold Krongelb

  I am having trouble with lynx version 2.5 running on a SUN unix system.  When
  I try to access certain urls (eg www.microsoft.com, www.geocities.com), lynx
  terminates with a signal 11 (segmentation violation).  I am running a VT100
  terminal emulator via a dial-up shell account at 14400 bps.  My system
  administrator cannot help, except that they have difficulty reproducing the
  problem.  Any ideas what I should try next?

1. Use nslookup to get a list of the numeric IP addresses for servers
at these sites and replace the path in the URL with one of these.

2. Search for "dies abruptly" in

http://www.access.digex.net/%7Easgilman/lynx/FAQ/

for a longer discussion.  Your symptoms resemble what happens with
a particular Sun OS bug.  Try to get your SysOp to look at the writeup.

--
Al Gilman
;