LYNX-DEV Nested tables and Lynx 2.7?

From: lynx
Subject: LYNX-DEV Nested tables and Lynx 2.7?
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 21:30:27 -0500 (CDT)

(Tried sending this yesterday, didn't seem to get through?)

Lynx 2.7 handles tables and frames much better than earlier versions, but
several of our users have encountered problems with certain sites that use
many many tables, often nested several levels deep. This is on SVR4.

The worst page for this is 'http://chicago.tribune.com/help/siteindx.htm',
which has 19 tables. Only the first (left-hand on a graphical browser) of
these tables shows up at all when viewed with the most recent Lynx.

I passed the above URL to imigiware's "Doctor HTML", located at:
                http://www2.imagiware.com/RxHTML/

The report found several unclosed <A HREF ...>, font, and other tags,
but no problems with the table syntax. Yet Lynx refuses to display the
nested tables. If I copy the HTML to my disk and strip the table tags, it
comes up fine.

Has anybody else encountered similar problems?

P.S. To confuse matters, the public Lynx at UNH (telnet to 'cwispub.unh.edu'
and log in as 'cwispub') displays the page with no problems. This says it is
version 2.7, but appears to be on VMS?
;
;