Re: LYNX-DEV formatting funny (<pre> in <li>)

From: Mike Brown
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV formatting funny (<pre> in <li>)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 06:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

> <pre> elements in list items cause a spurious outdent of the following
> line.  (Sorry I don't have time to try to figure this out.)

This is typical in Lynx.  Fote once gave me an explanation of why a
similar problem happens when you put line breaks in definition lists,
and why it's more trouble than it's worth to fix it.  The post is in
the archives somewhere, probably early '96 or late '95.

If it's not absolutely necessary to use <PRE>, you might try combinations
of <TT> and &nbsp; to achieve the effect you want.
;
;