Re: LYNX-DEV Getting proxies to work

From: Greg Marr
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Getting proxies to work
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 13:55:21 -0400

At 04:42 PM 5/16/97 BST, Alex Lyons A32/373-Winfrith Tel2368 FAX2508 wrote:
>A stop-gap solution would be to
>get lynx to modify its arglist to hide the sensitive argument(s), but maybe
>this can't be done on all platforms?

I know that there are some platforms where processes just get a copy of
their arglist and the original arglist is displayed by ps.  Even on systems
where is can modify the displayed arglist, the username and password will
be there from the time the user starts lynx until it can get around to
processing the arg list and modifying it.  This is certainly long enough
for the username and password to be caught.

--
Greg Marr
address@hidden

;