Re: LYNX-DEV download dir

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV download dir
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 16:58:16 -0400 (EDT)

  From: Ashish Mahabal <address@hidden>

  I have been using lynx for a long time.
  Yesterday I wanted to change the download location of the temp files
  i.e. the place where these files go after pressing d before
  one saves them (by default it is the /tmp/ directory).
  I could not find anything which would help me change the location to, say,
  ~. But I am sure there has to be a simple way of doing it.

  Also, I have not understood the syntax and possible downloading programs
  for DOWNLOADER. So far I had been using the canned "save t disk".

You need to read the comments in the lynx.cfg file.  For example, g)o to

http://leb.net/blinux/blynx/defaults/lynx.cfg

and search with '/' for SAVE_SPACE and DOWNLOADER.

On the downloader front, also find "trouble downloading" in

http://www.access.digex.net/%7Easgilman/lynx/FAQ

for some more discussion and examples.

--
Al Gilman