Re: LYNX-DEV weird crashes

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV weird crashes
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 19:03:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       What exactly is wrong with the page Roger Hill reported?
> Seems fine with the devel code, and why would CHECKMAIL matter?

I still suspect it might be a disk full thing - Roger hasn't explicitly
said that that's not the case.

Short download works fine (i.e. small file), longer download doesn't.
I think it points in that direction.  The apparent interaction with
CHECKMAIL might then just be that, with a longer file, there is more
chance that the check interval has passed.

Well, obviously I am just guessing here.

Roger, does this depend on which pages you have visited?
Does it happen when you have enough space in your (LYNX_)TEMP_SPACE
to hold a copy of the downloaded file (and a bit extra)?
What happens when you use '\' on the (blank) Download Page?

   Klaus

;
;