Re: LYNX-DEV ac-0.24 and clearok

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac-0.24 and clearok
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 23:43:42 -0400

On Sat, 17 May 1997 21:55:26 -0500 (EST), Foteos Macrides <address@hidden> said:
>       That change would again make clearok(curscr, TRUE) disfunctional
>with slang.  I'm not sure what you mean by "if the display is properly
>managed".  Things can be written to the screen which slang didn't write,
>and thus doesn't know about.  If you make clearok(curscr, TRUE)
>disfunctional again, you won't be able to get rid of them.

The problem is not specific to slang; rather, it is a problem with
whatever screen management library library is being used (curses,
ncurses, or slang).  Lynx should write to the screen using the
appropriate library calls.  Then there should be no need for clearok.
If some background program writes to the screen, e.g., biff, then the
user can press the redraw key.

--John
;
;