Re: LYNX-DEV ac-0.24 and clearok

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ac-0.24 and clearok
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 00:05:49 -0400

On Sat, 17 May 1997 21:53:58 -0500 (CDT), Klaus Weide <address@hidden> said:
>That "quick fix" isn't really a fix, but probably proof that many of the
>clearok's are unnecessary - as long as nothing goes wrong and as long as
>nothing else is writing to the terminal.

I agree completely.  My ``quick fix'' should certainly not be
interpreted as a solution to the problem--- it is far from it.  In
fact, it disables the possibility to perform a complete screen redraw
when using slang.  The real point of the message was to bring up the
topic of why the `clearok' calls are necessary.

--John
;
;