LYNX-DEV <br> breaking a link

From: Jim Yingst
Subject: LYNX-DEV <br> breaking a link
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 14:20:19 -0700 (MST)

I believe I have found a bug in Lynx which is not covered in the FAQ that
I can see.  For reference, I'm using Lynx version 2.7.1, and "uname -a"
yields "AIX fln3 1 4 000214045900" in response.

It appears that the <br> tag, well, breaks things. (-:  Specifically, if
an HTML document has a link which contains a <br> at the very end (just
before the </a>), the link will not work - i.e., I cannot cause the
enclosed text to highlight, much less follow the link.  Here's a sample
which should demonstrate the problem:

  which doesn't work at all (on my system at least)

I hope this info is of use to you.  Please let me know if you need further
info from me.  (In case it's not otherwise obvious, I'm not a regular on
this list.)  Thanks for your time.

Jim Yingst
address@hidden

;