Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 21:50:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Sat, 17 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
> >     That was intended to communicate that I don't have the
> > foggiest idea why Hiram can't suspend on HP.
>
> Yes, that's the third ^Z problem (in my counting...).
> I have noticed the ^Z-doesn't-work problem with some other binaries,
> but couldn't reproduce it now on sol.  It never seems to happen with
> slang.  It may depend on (n)curses version, system, and who-knows what
> else.

This particular binary was built with gcc using the snake target on HP-UX
9.07 and the standard curses package.  I'm having problems getting the
vanilla code to even compile on 10.20 with gcc (snake3 works).  If I try
^Z when I first start up lynx, it doesn't work.  When I do a ^L, the
cursor is moved to the top left corner of the screen, and nothing is
displayed.  Hitting 'q' followed by a return or 'Q' or any other
recognized way of quitting lynx does what it is supposed to do, so it
would imply a display problem to me...

Is there anything I can do to help track down this problem?