LYNX-DEV patches

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV patches
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 08:08:42 -0400 (EDT)

It seems from the access times on my files + email comments that people
have been downloading and trying my patches.
But i still haven't heard anything about the possibility of picking them up --
except for the mail about the highlighting fix.

I myself was thinking more about the form numbering patch.
Is there any objection to it for any reason (technical / aesthestic / whatever)?
It may not be important to some users, but is very useful to others, which
in my mind makes it as important as some of the other features that are going
in...  (My opinion only.).
A long time ago someone objected it would change the API.  Well, it only
tweaks it a little -- and only if you turn the option on -- and I don't
think the change has any negative ramifications.
(If I'm wrong, correct me.  It's been in use for a while by a handful of people
and seems to be working fine since the first round of bug fixes.)

In spite of the various negative exchanges on lynx-dev these past few months,
I would like to say that I find the source code in lynx to be very well written
-- which is what made it possible to add these patches in so short a time
despite my being new to the code.

Anyway, thought I'd ask...
--le

;