LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx 2.7.1 -- porting to OS/2

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx 2.7.1 -- porting to OS/2
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:41:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 May 1997, Jason F. McBrayer wrote:

> Hello.  Derek Decker, the guy who did the current Lynx port to OS/2,
> tells me that you are the coordinator for Lynx development.  As you
> know, there's been significant divergence between his Lynx port (a
> wildly deviant 2.4.x) and mainstream Lynx development.  Because of
> this, I've been working on a port of Lynx 2.7.1 to OS/2.  I have it
> basically working, so I thought now would be a good time to start
> trying to coordinate with the Lynx team.
>
> So, where do I start?  I have context diffs for the fixes I've made so
> far.  All of my changes should be pretty clean, since they're in
> #ifdef blocks.  I have a lot more work to do on it before distributing
> anything, but now that I have something to show for my work I thought
> I should find out what I ought to be doing.
>
> I should mention that because of my studies, I don't really have time
> to get too involved in a lot of ongoing work on Lynx.  However, I
> think I'll be able to at least get release versions of Lynx up and
> running for OS/2 after they're released for UNIX and VMS.  Anyway, let
> me know what the best course of action would be.
>
> --------------------------------------------------------+
> Jason F. McBrayer       address@hidden |
> Cosmic indifference sure is a drag. -- Akbar (or Jeff)  |

Lets see, the first thing to do is to get the development source and find
out how different things are now.  We have been wildly modifying the
source and it may look a bit different.  It can be found at
http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/klaus/merged/all/ (Currently,
lynx-2.7.1ac-0.24.zip is the latest)

You should also join lynx-dev to be aware of ongoing changes.  Send a mail
message to address@hidden with "subscribe lynx-dev"  (without the
quotation marks) on a line by itself.

I am forwarding this to the list since I am but one of many contributors
and I am sure some of the other people will have some helpful comments.

Wayne

;
;