Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.netbuyer.com

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.netbuyer.com
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 18:32:10 -0500 (EST)

"John E. Davis" <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Mon, 19 May 1997 15:56:03 -0400 (GMT+4), Roger Hill <address@hidden> said:
>>>     Now it's returning a correct status, and a body, for
>>> redirection to that mindless "Downoad Netscape or MSIE" unpaid
>>> (probably) advertisement.
>>>
>>Yes, I'm getting that now too. Geez, that annoys me.
>
>Is there any way to get lynx to lie about the browser and tell the
>server that it is really netscape?

        If you first read my "legal disclaimer" in the "Lynx Option Menu"
section of the "Lynx Users Guide" about the "User Agent" option, at your
own legal risk you can modify the user (A)gent field via the 'o'ptions
menu to Mozilla/3.0 (compatible ...) and bypass that annoying redirection
(that's just a guess, honest, just a guess :).

                                Fote