Re: LYNX-DEV Highlighting and Colors

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Highlighting and Colors
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 11:02:33 +0900 (JST)

> for highlighting H1 headers, etc...  I see this as a first step
> towards giving the user more control over the display via lynx.cfg
[...]
> H1_COLOR:red:black   # Set H1 color
> H1_MONO:bold         # For use by monochrome terminals
[...]
> I was wondering whether or not others have submitted patches similar

Rob Partington has been working off and on for quite some time now on
what you seem to be suggesting.  It will work with ncurses or your own
slang library.  I've got a public access Lynx running an image of it
from sources Klaus patched together if you just want a quick-see:
telnet 163.51.110.141 and login as `lynx'.  You'll have to set your
terminal emulation to one that supports color (ansi, linux, fmr70 ...)
if you want to see color.

Don't let the Japanese spook you.  You can see the lynx.lss file
for setting the color combinations by following `[2]This Lynx', then
`[5]$B?'address@hidden(J'.

You might also try rummaging around `http://194.88.140.40/rp/' for
some of the original patches and code, maybe some new developments?

__Henry
;
;