Re: LYNX-DEV survey of Lynx users

From: Phil Helms
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV survey of Lynx users
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 17:31:32 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

> That's funny.  My answer would have been "No."  Lynx does not
> have _a site_ that is its home.  Lynx is supported from a variety
> of sites and among them, lots have material telling you why you
> would want to user Lynx.
>
> The pre-eminent collection of Lynx information is at Lynx links.
> There is a section there on collected accolades from users, and
> plenty of pro-Lynx spin.  When you visited lynx.browser.org, did
> you include this in your tour?  You should have.

I was looking for one site to tell me why I would want to use Lynx.
If I have to visit many sites to find the answers I'm looking for,
I'm less likely to find the answers.

I did visit Lynx links, but what I wanted was not immediately obvious,
and I purposely didn't dig deeper.  After the receipt of your post,
I went ahead and investigated further, finding the letters of
appreciation.  (Maybe they could be a little closer to the top
of the page, set off with <HR>'s, perhaps?)

 --
 Phil Helms                                  Internet: address@hidden
 Community College Computer Services                    Phone: 303/595-1524

;