Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 18:54:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> * Modified the Lynx Trace Log handling so that it doesn't use actual
>   redirection of stderr via freopen() calls, and restores the original
>   value of stderr during any escape to shell.  This avoids the problem
>   on Unix that sh and ksh send their prompt strings to stderr, and that
>   bash sends both its prompt and command line echo to stderr, so they
>   end up in the log instead of being visible.  I had tested the initial
>   design on VMS and with csh on Unix, and thus didn't notice this
>   foolishness for the other Unix shells.  Anyway, it's OK for all of
>   them now. - FM

Is there any way to place the Lynx.trace file in a directory other than in
the home directory?  Does it honor LYNX_SAVE_SPACE or any other
environment variables?  I didn't see any command line or lynx.cfg settings
for the location.  I was hoping it was the current directory, but no go.
I've exceded my quota a couple of times trying to do a trace, and wound up
having to do the old redirection thing (via -tlog) with sh do get a log in
/tmp.