Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 05:02:24 -0400 (EDT)

> We just upgraded our main system from 10.01 to 10.20, and they haven't
> installed the gcc for the new version, so I basically can't compile
> anything with gcc... so, I went to compile on another machine with 9.07,
> and it barfed on the check for c++... I disabled that, and I compiled with
> the defaults, and it couldn't find the terminfo (cause I can't install
> it)... sigh... SO... I'm compiling ncurses now with --prefix="/usr" hoping
> that I can use HP's terminfo stuff for testing purposes...  Argh... still
you can always override the location of terminfo at run-time by setting
the TERMINFO variable, e.g.,
        setenv TERMINFO /usr/local/share/terminfo

> no go... trying --enable-termcap since this machine doesn't have terminfo
> in /usr/share (only in /usr/lib)... Well, it SORTA works... for VT100
> only, and the displays on the test programs are NOT correct.
>
> Any suggestions on building a copy of ncurses without installing it for
> the purposes of testing lynx built with ncurses?
I often build ncurses w/o installing it, and then set my $CPPFLAGS/$CFLAGS
and $LIBS variables to point to the build-directory's top (e.g., making it
$TOP, so it'll pick up the $TOP/include and $TOP/lib directories),

        setenv TOP {ncurses-build-root}
        setenv CPPFLAGS -I$TOP
        setenv CFLAGS -I$TOP
        setenv LIBS -L$TOP -lncurses
        configure

(that's why I renamed the config.h in lynx to lynx_cfg.h - to avoid conflicts
when I did the same sort of thing with slang).

btw, I assume for 10.x, you've been trying the HP "color" curses:
        -I/usr/include/curses_colr and
        -lcur_colr

(I understand that the other versions under 10.x are badly broken)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden