LYNX-DEV Table support?

From: Pete Ruczynski
Subject: LYNX-DEV Table support?
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:30:27 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
I'm a new user of lynx, initially I started using it to try and get
around the lousy speed of Netscrape on Sun boxes however I'm slowly
becoming converted to its speed of use and general finger friendliness.

The only thing which really bugs me about it is lack of table support.
I can understand why, and I can understand the complexities involved
in adding it.  However, someone has told me that there is a hack to
support tables in lynx, is this true?  If not then what is the official
position on table support (i.e. soon, later, never).

I also noticed a suggestion to support the applet tag, is this in
the pipeline?  It'd be quite a useful feature to have and if votes
count then add mine.

I also posted a suggestion (to the suggestions list) for a 'forward'
button/operator.  I know there is the 'V' list but the ability to
walk up and down the *entire* history list would be really useful
and conform to how most browsers currently work.  Any thoughts?

Another thought, anyone looked into adding a tcl/tk interpreter as
a compile time option?  Forget javascript, go for a decent scripting
language which was intended for the purpose and is internet
friendly with http support and safety features built in.

Enough for now.
Apologies if some of these have come up in the past.

Pete.
--
Peter Ruczynski                                  mailto:address@hidden
Soft Base Computing Ltd