Re: LYNX-DEV New search engine for investors

From: Matthew Kelly
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV New search engine for investors
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 12:31:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> Someone is selling our email addresses to spammers.  If this mailing list
> is going to become just another dumping ground for spam, then as far as
> I am concerned, we might as well shut it down.  I have enough of this trash
> appearing in my mailing list without getting multiple trash in a mailing
> list I try to monitor to provide input, etc. on.

Every single person on the list should complain to the company involved
and to their provider (who by my traceroute is nya.net ... check for
yourself), and let them know what you think of the situation (never buy
from spammers).  They don't list a voice number for owlsnest.com is the
whois data but I'm going to call nya.net myself.

BTW, address@hidden just got hit by the same spam.

Matt