Re: LYNX-DEV never mind about the fotemods problem

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV never mind about the fotemods problem
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:50:38 -0400

>From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>

> Sigh, the gotcha was the install of ncurses 4.1 .  When I did the install,
> it installed things into ${prefix}/include.  However, solaris2-ncurses of
> lynx 2-7-1 expects $prefix/include/ncurses/curses.h , etc.  In that direct
> was an older release of ncurses headers.
but the autoconf configure script checks for & accommodates that

Yes, but as I said, I was having the problem with released lynx 2-7-1 and
fotemods, which means there is no autoconf script for that code.  I
am having other problems with the development release (see my mailings
about color-style not working).

>From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>

> > cc -g   -DUNIX -DSVR4 -DSOLARIS2        -DCURS_PERFORMANCE -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP
> > -DUS
> > E_DIRENT        -DLOCALE -DHAVE_TERMIOS_H       -DCS -DUNPAINT_CACHE
> > -DNCURSE
> > S -DFANCY_CURSES        -I/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/include
> > -I../WWW/Li
> > brary/Implementation -DDIRED_SUPPORT  -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP
> > -DOK_UUDECODE
> > -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT -I..   -c  LYClean.c
> > "/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/include/unctrl.h", line 48: undefined
> > or not
> >  a type: NCURSES_CONST

> what directory do you have ncurses' headers installed in? (unctrl.h should be
> including ncurses' curses.h, which defines NCURSES_CONST)

/projects/gnu/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/include/ is where the headers are installed.
However lynx 2-7-1's code was looking for ncurses/unctrl.h .  As soon as
I copied the installed versions down into that directory, lynx 2-7-1 + fotemods
started compiling again.
;