Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 15:20:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Wed, 21 May 1997, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Yes, from the behavior, I'd say that is what it is doing.  Any
> > suggestions? Should I try adding another condition to the VMS and SLANG
> > (SNAKE, I guess) to LYKrefresh so that clearok(curscr, TRUE) gets set for
> > HP?  If that works, then I guess you'd have to refresh manually upon
> > fg'ing...  It seems that if this were the problem that going to another
> > page (backing up, selecting a link, paging down) or anything else which
> > should completely redraw the screen would fix things, but it doesn't.
>
> Can you get the screen back into a sane state by spawning a shell with
> '!' and then returning?

Dagnabit!  Wouldn't you know that it would decide to function properly
before I even tried this?  Maybe it has something to do with the term
setting... I normally use MS-Kermit in VT320 mode.  Right now I'm using
CRT with VT220 mode...  Hmmm, I just tried TeraTerm with VT320 settings,
and it worked... SO... either it's just deciding to be cool today or it's
something with HP's curses and MS-Kermit (unlikely, but I'll check it
later).  I just tried it on the 9.07 machine, and it works over there as
well.  Even the old version (2.7 but fotemods about 2 days before 2.7.1)
works!!!  ARGH!!!

If it acts up again, I'll try using ! and get back to you.